Metrus Limited Website Privacy Statement
What information will we use?
We may collect and use information about you when you contact us or register your interest with us. We may collect your name, address, telephone number and email address. When you visit our website we may collect information about how you use it, including details of your visits, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, technical information, your login details, location data, browser type, browser version, operating system and platform, the pages viewed and resources accessed, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. If you visit one of the properties where we act as manager or agent, there may be CCTV surveillance which captures your image and you may have to sign a visitor book.
How will your information be used?
We may use your information to:
- Process your registration
• Respond to queries or requests submitted by you
• Administer our obligations in relation to any agreement we have in place with you
• Send you news about our services which we think may be of interests to you.
When we send you news about our services, we rely on your consent. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please see the ‘Your choices and rights’ section of this policy for more details. In other cases, we process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest unless we are under a legal obligation.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes described in this policy. As a general rule however, we will keep:
- aggregate browser data for 6 months
• Information to process your requests for 3 months or the duration of our relationship
• Information we gather in pre-contractual negotiations (where you do not become a tenant) for 6 years for business tenancies and 3 years for residential tenancies
• Surveillance data for 30 days (or less if mandated by the individual property Privacy Impact Assessment) or 3 years if required for a dispute.
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with:
- Different parts of our organisation
• other organisations and service providers that we work with or partner with from time to time for example, joint property agents where you have enquired about a property
• our professional advisors if relevant to your enquiry
• our clients
• any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will never share your details with anyone else without your permission.
Links to third party sites
Our website contains links to other sites for which Metrus is not responsible. You should read the privacy policies of every website that collects data and please contact the owner or operator of such websites if you have any concerns or queries.
What are cookies and which ones do we use?
Cookies are small pieces of data or text files that are stored (by a website such as ours) within your browser. Cookies are stored on your device for varying periods of time – from as little as the duration of your browsing session to several months. Each time you return to the website, the browser retrieves and sends cookies to the server, which helps to improve your experience of the website by, for example, remembering settings and measuring overall use of the website so that we can see where we can make site improvements.
This website uses only two categories of cookies as laid out in the International Chamber of Commerce UK Cookie Guide:
- ‘Strictly Necessary Cookies’ that are required in order to enable you to use the website and its various features, and
- ‘Performance Cookies’ that are used to collect anonymous user behaviour data and information, which is used to further improve the website.
The table below lists the cookies used by this website and provides brief details about each cookie.
Strictly Necessary Cookies:
|ASP.NetSession ID||Visitor session||Session||This Domain|
|LoginStatus||Visitor session||Session||This Domain|
|_utma||Google Analytics||Persistent||This Domain|
|_utmb||Google Analytics||Persistent||This Domain|
|_utmc||Google Analytics||Session||This Domain|
|_utmz||Google Analytics||Persistent||This Domain|
For a full up to date list of Google Analytics cookies used, please visit: developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
How can you restrict or block cookies?
You can manage and/or delete cookies from your device. However, please be aware that reducing cookie usage may limit the functionality and performance of the website and some features might not work as expected. You can change your cookie settings at any time using your web browser settings.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or remove them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics for all websites, please visit: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Your choices and rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information and in some instances, can make choices about how we collect and use it. For example, you can decide not to receive marketing material from us, you can tell us how you want to receive marketing communications from us, and can object to some of the ways in which we use your information.
You can contact us using the details below to:
- request access to your information
- ask that we update, complete or correct your information
- ask that we erase or restrict our use of your information
- request that we provide your information to you in a commonly used electronic format and to have that information transmitted directly to another organisation (this is known as the right to ‘data portability’).
If you are concerned about how your information is used, please contact us. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Who we are
We are Metrus Limited, a company registered in England under company number 04290499. Our registered office is at 11-15 William Road, London, NW1 3ER. Get in touch by contacting the Data Protection Officer in writing at: Metrus Limited, 8-10 Hallam Street, London, W1W 6NS or you can telephone 020 7631 0550 and ask for the Data Protection Officer.